Location: Dr. John Garang Mausoleum walking towards the U.S. Embassy located on Kololo Road. Currently outside the U.S. Embassy.
Event: Eye witness accounts estimated a crowd between 500 and 2,000 assembling this morning and moving towards the U.S. Embassy. There is no announced timeframe for the demonstration. The Embassy has been informed that anti-U.S. protests are organized in response to U.S. arms embargo.
- The Embassy temporarily halted all walking movements.
- Embassy personnel advised to avoid crowds and limit movements in the city during the protest.
- The Embassy recommends refraining from visiting the Embassy at this time.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstration.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
During business hours: +211-91-210-5188
After hours: +211-91-210-5107
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
South Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter