Location: Kapoeta region, Eastern Equatoria State, South Sudan
Event: A youth organization in the Kapoeta region of Eastern Equatoria State has issued a threat against Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) working in the region. Armed groups may attack or attempt to kidnap foreign nationals in the Kapoeta region. We advise U.S. citizens to not travel to the area.
Actions to Take:
- Do not travel to the Kapoeta region of Eastern Equatoria State.
- Read the Travel Advisory for South Sudan.
- Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
- During Business Hours: +211-91-210-5188
- During After Hours: +211-91-210-5107
- Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- South Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter