This security alert is being re-sent to correct the location’s name and areas where U.S. citizens are advised to avoid.
Location: Renk, South Sudan
Event: U.S. Embassy Juba has received reports that a number of youth groups in Renk (Upper Nile State) are involved in the destruction of property belonging to Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). U.S. citizens are advised to avoid the Renk area and remain vigilant.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid affected areas prior to, during, and immediately after any demonstrations.
- Use caution and avoid movement during hours of darkness.
- Avoid large crowds. Even peaceful gatherings can turn violent.
- Plan your travel accordingly.
- Monitor local news.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times.
U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
During business hours: +211-91-210-5188
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
South Sudan Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates