Location: Juba, South Sudan
Event: Following incidents this week of armed altercations in the Luri district, approximately eight miles west of Juba, there has been heightened screening of vehicles and people at security checkpoints around Juba.
· Effective immediately and until 6:30 a.m. Monday, April 23, 2018, the Embassy’s curfew has been temporarily changed from 8:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Actions to Take:
· Use caution when walking or driving at night.
· Carry proper identification, including a U.S. passport with a current South Sudan visa.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· Keep a low profile.
· U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
+211-91-210-5107 (After hours)
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· South Sudan Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates