Location: South Sudan
Event: There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in South Sudan.
On March 24, 2020, the Republic of South Sudan Civil Aviation Authority, based on direction of the South Sudanese High-level Task Force on COVID-19, closed Juba International Airport to all international flights, with limited exceptions including for cargo and humanitarian flights.
The Republic of South Sudan has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Effective March 25, 2020, a curfew is in place from 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM throughout South Sudan. The curfew will be enforced by host nation security services.
U.S. citizens in South Sudan who have been unable to return to the United States due to the suspension of regularly scheduled commercial flights from South Sudan should contact the American Citizen Services office of the U.S. Embassy in Juba. If this situation applies to you, please email us at ACSJuba@state.gov. In your email, please provide the following for each traveler:
- Full name
- U.S. passport number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- A photograph of the biographical page of your passport
Only send an email with this information if you are interested in departing for the United States. There is no need to call the Embassy to confirm receipt of your email. We will use the contact information you provide to communicate about any additional commercial flight(s) soon.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://ss.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/for information on conditions in South Sudan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
+211-91-210-5107 (After hours)
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.