Tax Season is here. Remember to file your income taxes!
The U.S. Embassy would like to remind U.S. citizens that they are required to file their federal income taxes with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) by April 18, 2022. If you are a U.S. citizen or resident alien living or traveling outside the United States, you generally are required to file income tax returns, estate tax returns, and gift tax returns, and pay estimated tax in the same way as those residing in the United States. Your worldwide income is subject to U.S. income tax, regardless of where you reside.
Please visit the IRS website for U.S. taxpayers living abroad at: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/us-citizens-and-resident-aliens-abroad. Links to further IRS guidance are available on the Federal Benefits and Obligations page on travel.state.gov.
- U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
- During Business Hours: +211-91-210-5188
- After Business Hours: +211-91-210-5107
- Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- South Sudan Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Facebookand Twitter.