Location: Juba, South Sudan
Event:There are no confirmed cases of COVID-19 reported in South Sudan.
The government of the Republic of South Sudan has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. South Sudan has barred admission to travelers who have recently visited COVID affected countries. Visit the website of the World Health Organization (WHO) for the list of COVID affected countries for additional information on these new measures. Link: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports/
Effective March 23, 2020, U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizen Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information:
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://ss.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/ for information on conditions in South Sudan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
+211-91-210-5107 (After hours)
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.