Location: South Sudan
Event: The U.S. Embassy continues to coordinate for transportation out of South Sudan.
As of April 4, 2020, there will be no scheduled flights departing South Sudan. The U.S. Embassy continues to pursue alternative options. U.S. citizens should regularly check their email for updates, as changes can come quickly and with no notice. If the U.S. Embassy is successful in coordinating future flights out of South Sudan, U.S. Citizens who want to leave should get on that flight and assume it is the last.
U.S. citizens in South Sudan who have been unable to return to the United States due to the suspension of regularly scheduled commercial flights from South Sudan should contact the American Citizen Services office of the U.S. Embassy in Juba. If this situation applies to you, please email usat ACSJuba@state.gov. In your email, please provide the following for each traveler:
- Full name
- U.S. passport number
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Phone number
- A photograph of the biographical page of your passport, and destination in the United States.
Only send an email with this information if you are interested in departing for the United States. There is no need to call the Embassy to confirm receipt of your email. We will use the contact information you provide to communicate about any additional options soon.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://ss.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/for information on conditions in South Sudan.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
+211-91-210-5107 (After hours)
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- South Sudan International Travel Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/SouthSudan.html
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter