Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Juba (March 31, 2020)
Location: South Sudan
Event: Flight Departure from Juba to Addis Ababa on April 2, 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Juba has confirmed availability of seats on a commercial flight with Ethiopian Airlines from Juba to Addis Ababa on Thursday, April 2, 2020.
Currently, this is the only way to depart South Sudan. If you need to leave South Sudan, consider booking this flight now:
- Airline: Ethiopian, flight ET 353
- Departure time: 4:00 pm (160, April 2, 2020
- How to book:
Go to the Ethiopian Airlines website (https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/aa/book/trip/flight) and purchase a new ticket – even if you were previously booked on an Ethiopian Flight.
Contact Ethiopian directly at the Airport Office located on Ministries Road, Panorama Building Ground Floor, Juba. Phone: +211 927773498
- All travelers must have an onward ticket departing Addis Ababa or the traveler will be quarantined in Addis Ababa for 14 days at the traveler’s expense.
- If a traveler has a long layover (overnight, less than 24 hours in duration) the traveler will be required to stay at a Government of Ethiopia approved hotel at the traveler’s expense.
- All travelers should choose Washington IAD as their Port of Entry, no matter where the traveler’s final destination in the United States is. Flights from Addis to other destinations in the United States are being routinely canceled by Ethiopian Airlines due to lack of demand.
- Any questions regarding this flight should be directed to the airline or travel agent.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://ss.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/ for information on conditions in South Sudan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
+211-91-210-5107 (After hours)
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- South Sudan International Travel Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/SouthSudan.html
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter