Location: South Sudan
Event: Flight Departure from Juba to Addis Ababa on Friday, April 24, 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Juba has confirmed availability of seats on a commercial flight with Ethiopian Airlines from Juba to Addis Ababa on Friday, April 24, 2020. This flight may be cancelled at any time. This flight may be delayed or changed at any time. If you want to leave South Sudan, do so now. This may be the last flight out of South Sudan.
- Airline: Ethiopian, flight ET 355
- Estimated departure time: 12:00 pm (1200 noon), April 24, 2020. The government of the Republic of South Sudan requests travelers arrive at the airport at least three hours early due to lengthy check-in procedures.
- How to book:
- Go to the Ethiopian Airlines website (https://www.ethiopianairlines.com/aa/book/trip/flight) and purchase a ticket – if you were previously booked on a cancelled U.S. Embassy coordinated Ethiopian flight, contact Ethiopian Airlines directly.
- The flight is now live on the Ethiopian Airlines website for purchase.
- Contact Ethiopian directly at the Airport Office located on Ministries Road, Panorama Building Ground Floor, Juba. Phone: +211 927773498
- All travelers must have an onward ticket departing Addis Ababa or the traveler will be quarantined in Addis Ababa for 14 days at the traveler’s expense. If a traveler has a layover for more than 24 hours, the traveler will be quarantined in Addis Ababa for 14 days at the traveler’s expense.
- If a traveler has a long layover (overnight, less than 24 hours in duration) the traveler will be required to stay at a Government of Ethiopia approved hotel at the traveler’s expense.
- All travelers should book Washington IAD as their first Port of Entry into the United States, no matter what the traveler’s ultimate destination is. Other destinations from Addis to the United States are routinely getting canceled due to lack of demand.
- Any questions regarding this flight should be directed to the airline or travel agent.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://ss.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/for information on conditions in South Sudan.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
+211-91-210-5107 (After hours)
Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- South Sudan International Travel Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/SouthSudan.html
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.