Location: Throughout South Sudan
Event: Confirmed cases of Sudan Ebolavirus (SUDV) have been reported in Uganda and suspect cases are being investigated in neighboring countries. U.S. citizens should be prepared for travel disruptions and possible health screenings throughout the region. Quarantines may be in effect, especially for those exhibiting fevers or other symptoms of SUDV, and for those who have recently traveled to affected regions.
Actions to Take:
- Find more information about Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) on https://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola
- Have a plan in place in the event that you are required to quarantine.
- Monitor news and guidance from local health authorities.
- Avoid contact with sick people, blood and body fluids from all people, and contaminated surfaces.
- Have travel documents up to date and easily accessible.
- U.S. Embassy Juba, South Sudan
- +211-91-210-5107 (After hours)
- Kololo Rd, Next to E.U. Compound, Juba, South Sudan
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- South Sudan International Travel Information: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/SouthSudan.html
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.