The Fulbright Foreign Students Program brings doctoral students to the U.S. for one academic year of research. The doctoral candidates must complete their PhDs in South Sudan following their return.
FULBRIGHT FOREIGN STUDENT PROGRAM 2021-2022
The U.S. Embassy in Juba is now accepting applications for the 2021 Fulbright Foreign Visiting students program that brings doctoral students to the U.S. for one academic year of research. The doctoral candidates must complete their PhDs in South Sudan following their return. The Visiting Researchers will not be allowed to bring their dependents and extensions will not be granted.
Participants will not be enrolled in classes or in a degree program at the U.S. institution. The program will start in Fall 2021 and will last for one academic year (approximately nine months).
- Citizen of South Sudan (South Sudanese nationals with dual citizenship from the U.S. are not eligible for the program)
- Fluent in English.
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in South Sudan. If enrolled in a PhD program outside South sudan, he/she must be a member of a faculty in any of the accredited universities in South Sudan.
- Must detail their intended research area and be prepared to submit a writing sample.
- Have high motivation and serious commitment to completing the program within a specific time-frame and to returning home.
- Be able to meet the minimum scores on required standardized tests such as the GRE and TOEFL (tested after screening and interviews.)
Deadline for applications is June 1, 2020